( ! ) Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp/sess_0e2jejg7thselnk5ju442qloja, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in /home/goanews/public_html/includes/userdat_front.inc.php on line 16
Call Stack
#TimeMemoryFunctionLocation
10.0001364080{main}( ).../news_list.php:0
20.0002364744require_once( '/home/goanews/public_html/includes/common_front.php ).../news_list.php:2
30.0005379144include( '/home/goanews/public_html/includes/userdat_front.inc.php ).../common_front.php:6
40.0005379144session_start ( ).../userdat_front.inc.php:16

( ! ) Warning: session_start(): Failed to read session data: files (path: /tmp) in /home/goanews/public_html/includes/userdat_front.inc.php on line 16
Call Stack
#TimeMemoryFunctionLocation
10.0001364080{main}( ).../news_list.php:0
20.0002364744require_once( '/home/goanews/public_html/includes/common_front.php ).../news_list.php:2
30.0005379144include( '/home/goanews/public_html/includes/userdat_front.inc.php ).../common_front.php:6
40.0005379144session_start ( ).../userdat_front.inc.php:16
Goa News |Economy | Mining

Friday 21 August 2026

News Analysed, Opinions Expressed

Economy | Mining

Goa Govt returns mining applications

The Goa government has started returning applications seeking new mining leases pending a report from National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI) and also the Apex Court outcome. READ

Parrikar wants Centre to help to control mine profits

Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar today said the mining industry would resume operations in this calendar year but the governments -- both State and Centre -- should work out modalities to reduce windfall profits earned ... READ

Activists condemn mining workers' threat to disrupt Gawas' family wedding

People of Bicholim and social activists from other parts of Goa have demanded protection to the family of Ramesh Gawas, who has been fighting illegal mining, as section of workers have threatened to disrupt the ... READ

SC names 4 on a panel to decide on mining capping

The Supreme Court today finalised four names of a six-member expert committee which will file its report by February 15 next year suggesting the annual cap on the volume of iron ore to be extracted ... READ

Goa to confiscate 4 MT illegal iron ore, costing around Rs 2500 Cr

Goa government plans to confiscate almost four million tones of stacked iron ore, worth around Rs 2500 crore. READ

Ore transportation could begin by Jan: Parrikar

Chief minister Manohar Parrikar expects the auction of stacked iron ore to begin within a month and the movement of iron could begin by January next year. READ

SC allows e-auction of 11.48 MT iron ore stacks before Feb

Supreme Court today passed a separate interim order, allowing e-auction to export 11.48 MT of iron ore lying at jetties and leases without revoking its old order of 5 October last year that had banned ... READ

Goa ore ban reduces China shipment by 75%

Goa hopes the Supreme Court will soon lift a year-long ban on mining but aims to rein in production to ease pressure on roads and infrastructure, the state's regulator of mining licenses said on Thursday. ... READ

SC to decide on 11 Nov export of ore dumps, Steel Cos oppose export

After completing a marathon hearing for 14 days on the Goa mining ban, the Supreme Court will deliver its first interim order on 11 November. READ

Centre bans mining 3 kms around Cotigao, 1 km around other 5 sanctuaries

No mining will be allowed around the Eco Sensitive Zone (ESZ) of six wildlife sanctuaries and national parks in Goa with the Environment Ministry today imposing a ban on such activities. READ