Friday 19 July 2024

News Analysed, Opinions Expressed

Society | Religion

Ban on Sanatan after studying chargesheeet: Ravi

 

Goa government will decide on banning Sanatan Sanstha after examining the charge sheet filed by the National Investigation Agency in Margao bomb blast case against it, state home minister Ravi Naik said today.

"We are thoroughly examining the charge sheet filed by National Investigation Agency (NIA) in Margao bomb blast case.After that we will be able to decide on the ban," Naik told reporters today.

Six disciples affiliated to Sanatan Sanstha have been arrested by NIA for Margao bomb blast triggered on the eve of Diwali, last year.

Four more suspects in the case are still on the run.

Two persons, Malgonda Patil and Yogesh Naik, actively involved with the activities of Sanatan Sanstha, operating from Ramnathi village about 30 kms from here, died when a bomb went off in their scooter's dickey.

The last person arrested was Prashanti Juvekar, few days ago.

Naik said that since the ban will have national ramification, the state would examine the issue thoroughly before taking any decision.

The pre-mature blast at Margao had avoided a major plan of serial explosions in the state on October 16, 2009.


goanews.com is now on Telegram & also Youtube. Kindly subscribe for free & remain updated.




Name
Place
Email
Comments
Verification Code Enter The Code Displayed hereRefresh Image
 

Society

 

Latest News

» Maha CM ...
» Centre won't ...
» Verify background ...
» Cong-Communists blamed ...
» Govt allows ...
» Brain mapping ...
» Govt denies ...
» Is Maharashtra ...
» What have ...
» Won't hesitate ...
 
 

Religion

» Can Manohar Parrikar ...
» Don’t interfere, Bishop ...
» Goa Muslims want ...
» Replace Mahajani Act ...
» Bom Basilica in ...
» Sanatan has killed ...
» Bombay HC strikes ...
» Court prohibits Navdurga ...
» Shani temple finallly ...
» Women fight Women ...